For episode 205 of the Metta Hour Podcast, we have the third in a special series celebrating Sharon’s new book, “Real Life.” This interview features a conversation between Sharon and Sarah Jones, pulled from the Living An Authentic Life Summit. Sarah is a Tony® Award-winning solo performer, writer, comedian and activist. Sarah is mainly known for her multi-character one-person shows, including Broadway hit Bridge & Tunnel and the critically-acclaimed play Sell/Buy/Date, which inspired the film. In this conversation, Sarah and Sharon speak about:
• Sarah’s new film, “Sell/Buy/Date”
• Art expanding what seems possible
• The political nature of art
• The necessity of courage
• The impacts of Covid
• Being able to give our all in life
• Sitting down and getting real
• An encounter with the Buddha in Washington Heights
• People make sense
• Tracing Sarah’s path from childhood
• Learning to hear our inner guidance
• Love as the most powerful force in the universe
To learn more about Sarah’s work, you can visit her website. To hear this interview in it’s entirety, you can sign up for the Living an Authentic Life Summit right here, which runs online from March 29th – April 2nd. It is free to join initially, and then available to purchase afterwards the initial dates.
About The Metta Hour
Sharon’s Metta Hour Podcast features Buddhist wisdom for everyday life. With over six million downloads, Sharon’s wisdom and humor translate these ancient teachings, making them instantly accessible. Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes for regular episodes. Make a donation to support the continuation of these podcasts.