Sharon returns to the Ten Percent Happier Podcast with Dan Harris to talk about her new book, Real Life. On this show, Dan talks with eminent meditation teachers, top scientists, and even the odd celebrity.
Guests on the Ten Percent Happier Podcast include everyone from His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Brené Brown to Karamo from Queer Eye. Dan’s approach is seemingly modest, but secretly radical: happiness is a skill you can train, just like working your bicep in the gym. Your progress may be incremental at first, but like any good investment, it compounds over time.In this episode Sharon and Dan talk about:
- The case for openness versus constriction.
- Not taking our stories so seriously
- Whether shame is ever useful
- How the some meditation tools can seem stupid initially
- Growth mindset versus a fixed mindset
- Why gratitude gets a bad rap
- Self-centeredness versus “healthy pride”
- Sharon’s recent medical odyssey
Available wherever you get your podcasts, or click the direct link about for full show notes.